THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall TV: What I'm Watching, and You Should Too!

Alas summer is over. There is now a chill in the air, and men everywhere are going crazy for football. And if you're a certified couch potoato like myself the end of summer brings no better excitement then fall tv!

Yes it's true. I'm a major tv buff.

So the question is what do you watch? What is good?

Well I'm here to give you a list of tv that you should watch, and shows that you can just skip.

First on my list of excellent TV is House.


Why I Watch It: I love house because it's a medical drama. I love anything medical. What I love about this show is that it balances the medical part of the show well with the drama aspect. The cases are always interesting, and some of them keep you on the edge of your seat all episode long. Furthermore Hugh Laurie, who portrays House, does such an excellent job of portraying the senical doctor. The character of House is such an asshole, but really you can't help but to just love him!
Why You Should Watch It: You should watch this show if you love mysteries, and if you have a dark sense of humor. Also this upcoming season should just be brilliant. Last time we saw House he ran his car into Cuddy's house, and now he is in prision. So I'm looking forward to see how he is still going to solve medcial cases while being in prision.

Bones



Why I Watch It: I love this show! Really this show is the perfect show for me. Not only does it have medical side, but that medical side is the skeletal system. (For those of you that don't know me personally part of my degree majorally deals with the skeletal system). Also this show is a romance! I love every single character on this show. The main girl "Bones" is a forensic anthropologist. She is extremely intelligent, and has a very dry sense of humor. Then there is Booth. He is a FBI agent that helps Bones solves medical mysteries. The chemistry these two characters have are just fantastic! Also the supporting cast are just excellent.
Why You Should Watch It: You should watch this show if you love romance, and like a good mystery. On the last season of Bones (SPOILER ALERT!) we found out the Bones is pregnant with Booth's baby. So I'm very curious to see if they are finally going to get together or not. There is always a lot of action, comedy, and romance and this show will clearly keep your attention all episode long.

Modern Family



Why I Watch It: Modern Family is such a great comedy. It's so smart in everything that it does. The cast is just brilliant. I love to watch it because it's just so gosh darn funny! Every episode makes me laugh out loud, and not a single episode to date has disappointed.
Why You Should Watch It: You should watch this show if you love comedy! This show will never disappoint you, and will always make you literally "LOL".

Glee



Why I Watch It: Glee is such a great show! Not only is it a comedy, but it's full of great music! It's a great feel good show about underdogs that rise to the top.
Why You Should Watch it: You should watch this show if you love musicals and comedies. It does a great job of balanceing drama, comedy, and romance all in one show! The show also does a great job of taking old, outdated songs, and putting a really interesting twists on them.

Community



Why I Watch It: I'll admit. When I first saw this show I didn't think it was going to go anywhere. I mean a show about a community college? Yeah, brought back some nightmares of my own. But I decided to give this show a chance and now I love it! It's so funny and very clever. It's really found it's stride. It's a show that has a deffinate voice, and it's a voice I want to listen to.
Why You Should Watch It: You should watch this show if you love comedies. It also has hints of romance with lots of sarcasm.

The Office



Why I Watch It: First off I know I have an old picture but I could find any for the new season. Anyway! I think this show is just brilliant. It's a mockumentary type of show that breaks down the 4th wall. The characters talk straight into the camera bringing you and involveing you into every episode. The comedy is also so very clever, and the situation they get themselves into are just fantastic! Plus the main romance between Jim and Pam is just wonderful. Sometimes I forget that they are actors and are not married in real life!
Why You Should Watch It: You should watch this show if you love comedy, and if you are just in the mood for a feel good, funny show. You will fall in the love the with characters, and while some situations will make you squirm in your seat it's well worth it!

So I will leave my list at that. But I think I've given you all some great shows to get you started. Some other honorable mentions that I would like to include would be the new shows: Terra Nova, Up All Night, and The New Girl. The reason why I chose not to include them quite yet is because of how new they are. However, from what I've seen so far they look like they are going to be great shows!

Now the shows that I think you can just skip.

2 Broke Girls



Why: So when I first heard about this show I was super excited! I love the actress Kat Dennings. She has been in a lot of my favorite movies. So when I heard she was coming to tv I was just thrilled. However, after watching the first episode of 2 Broke Girls I'm just very disappointed. I didn't laugh once all episode. The comedy is just dry and not funny at all. The characters are not believeable, and sad to say but the acting is just awful! Plus it's poorly written. I could go on and on how much I disliked it. True I've only seen one episode, but the first one left such a bad taste in my mouth I doubt I'm coming back for another episode.

Whitney

Why: This show was heavily promoted, and had a lot of hype going into the fall season. Plus the fact that NBC put it on Thursday night which has two of my favorite shows mentioned above (Office, Community) I was super excited for it! However, I was very disappointed. The acting was awful, and the characters were not believable at all. This is truely a show that you can skip over and forget about.

There are so some new shows that I have not watched yet, and I would love to hear what you think about them! What did you think about: Hart of Dixie, The Playboy Club, Last Man Standing, Man Up, Unforgettable, Ringer, Suburgatory, Revenge, I Hate my Teenage Daughter, Free Agents, Charlie's Angels, and The Secret Circle.

Also did I miss some shows that should have been mentioned? Feel free to comment or send me an e-mail at: girltips4u@yahoo.com



0 comments: